Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
- Prepares and serves espresso coffee and other hot beverages to patrons in a cafe, coffee shop, restaurant or dining establishment.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 4311: Bar Attendants and Baristas
- Prepare, mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons in bars in licensed establishments, and prepare and serve espresso coffee and other hot beverages to patrons in cafes, coffee shops and dining establishments.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Indicative Skill Level
- Preparing, serving and selling cocktails, mixed drinks, bottled, canned and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and a variety of coffee beverages such as lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso-based beverages
- Cleaning and maintaining bar service areas, coffee-making areas and espresso machines
- Collecting payment for sales and operating cash registers
- Promoting services and products
- Washing glassware and arranging bottles and glasses
- Tapping kegs and attaching supply lines
- Replenishing drink dispensers, shelves and refrigerators
- Selling light snacks
- Selecting and grinding coffee
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 431111: Bar Attendant
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0