Last list update: 21 April 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 28/02/2021
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 17 LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
17: The position relates to mass or standardised production (as opposed to specialist production), including the following:
(a) a position based in a franchise or factory;
(b) a position that:
(i) involves full or partial production of food product for distribution to another location; or
(ii) predominantly involves the use of pre-prepared food product from another location.
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
Prepares and bakes bread loaves and rolls.
Unit Group 3511: Bakers and Pastrycooks
Prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- Kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- Preparing pastry fillings
- Monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- Coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- Glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- Operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- Emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 351112: Pastrycook
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills* PR Comments NT The Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement