Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
313112: ICT Customer Support Officer
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
313112: ICT Customer Support Officer
- Provides support, education and guidance in the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and issues. May work in a call centre.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 2 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Diploma or
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma.
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Alternative Titles
- ICT Help Desk Officer
- ICT Help Desk Technician
- Systems Support Officer
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Network Support Technician
- Operator Command Support Systems (Army)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 3131: ICT Support Technicians
- Provide support for the deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technology and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Indicative Skill Level
- Determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- Responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- Adapting existing programs to meet users' requirements
- Installing and downloading appropriate software
- Ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- Implementing computer networks
- Designing and maintaining websites
- Repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
- May work in a call centre
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0