Last list update: 16 August 2018 | see more
254413: Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options - ANZSCO 254413
Visa Type Eligibility *Conditions Legislative Instrument MLTSSL list STSOL list ROL list Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (State/Territory nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (NOT nominated by State/Territory) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 485 (Graduate) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 482 (TSS) IMMI 18/048 Subclass 186 (ENS) IMMI 18/049 Subclass 187 (RSMS) IMMI 18/043 Subclass 407 (Training) IMMI 18/050
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
No conditions apply
State Eligibility Summary Table - ANZSCO 254413
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 Access List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation NOT eligible
State Eligibility Details - ANZSCO 254413
254413: Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
Description: Provides nursing care to children from birth to school age and their families with an emphasis on the prevention, early detection of, and early intervention in, physical, emotional and social problems affecting children and their families such as assistance with parentcraft, immunisation and developmental milestones. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Plunket Nurse (NZ)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2544: Registered Nurses
Description: Provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities, and in the community.
Skill Level: Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- Working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- Providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- Promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- Answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- Supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 254411: Nurse Practitioner
- 254412: Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254414: Registered Nurse (Community Health)
- 254415: Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254416: Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- 254417: Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- 254418: Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254421: Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
- 254422: Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254423: Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
- 254424: Registered Nurse (Surgical)
- 254425: Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
- 254499: Registered Nurses nec
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0