Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
254211: Nurse Educator
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
254211: Nurse Educator
- Designs, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of nursing education and staff development programs, and manages educational resources.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Alternative Titles
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Staff Development Nurse
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 2542: Nurse Educators and Researchers
- Provide clinical and theoretical education to and promote professional development of nurses and midwives, and conduct research into nursing practice.
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Indicative Skill Level
- Researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
- Facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
- Evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
- Participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
- Undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
- Promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
- Promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
- Providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 254212: Nurse Researcher
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0