Last update: 02 September 2020 | see more
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 10 LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
10: The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements (critical skills, medical services, engineering occupations, etc.) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list; OR in the Federal Government list (MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL list), however the Nominated Migration Program is currently suspended and invitations will not be issued Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
Diagnoses and treats dental disease, injuries, decay and malformations of the teeth, periodontal tissue (gums), hard and soft tissue found on the mouth and other dento-facial structures using surgery and other techniques. Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Alternative Titles
- Dental Practitioner
- Dental Surgeon
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 2523: Dental Practitioners
Diagnose and treat dental disease, restore normal oral function using a broad range of treatments, such as surgery and other specialist techniques, and advise on oral health.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Diagnosing dental diseases using a range of methods such as radiographs, salivary tests and medical histories
- Providing preventative oral health care such as periodontal treatments, fluoride applications and oral health promotion
- Providing restorative oral care such as implants, complex crown and bridge restorations, and orthodontics, and repairing damaged and decayed teeth
- Providing oral surgical treatments such as biopsy of tissue and prescription of medication
- Performing routine orthodontic treatment
- Restoring oral function with removable and fixed oral prostheses
- Assisting in diagnosing general diseases having oral manifestations such as diabetes
- Educating patients to take care of their mouth and teeth
- Leading a dental team which may comprise Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists, Dental Assistants and other Dental Specialists
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 252311: Dental Specialist
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills PR Comments SA The South Australian Regional Workforce Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0