Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
242111: University Lecturer
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
242111: University Lecturer
- Lectures students and conducts tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university and conducts research in a particular field of knowledge. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 2421: University Lecturers and Tutors
- Prepare and deliver lectures and conduct tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university and conduct research in a particular field of knowledge.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Preparing and delivering lectures, and conducting tutorials, seminars and laboratory sessions
- Preparing and marking essays, assignments and examinations
- Advising students on academic and related matters
- Attending departmental and faculty meetings, conferences and seminars
- Supervising work programs of postgraduate and honours students and tutorial staff
- Participating in setting course and degree requirements, curriculum revision and academic planning
- Serving on council, senate, faculty and other committees and professorial boards
- Conducting research and undertaking consultancies in a particular field of knowledge
- Stimulating and guiding class discussions
- Compiling bibliographies of specialised materials for reading assignments
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 242112: University Tutor
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0