Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
241213: Primary School Teacher
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
241213: Primary School Teacher
- Teaches and coordinates a range of subjects within a prescribed curriculum to primary school students. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Primary School Teacher-Librarian
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2412: Primary School Teachers
- Teach a range of subjects within a prescribed curriculum to primary school students and promote students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Teaching literacy, numeracy, social science, creative expression and physical education skills to primary school students
- Presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- Developing students' interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- Guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- Preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students' progress and recording the results
- Discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- Maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- Liaising with parent, community and business groups
- Maintaining class and scholastic records
- Performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
- Supervising student teachers on placement
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0