Last list update: 11 June 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 28/02/2021
233914: Engineering Technologist
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List but applications are currently not being accepted Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory has NO list and is currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
233914: Engineering Technologist
Analyses and modifies new and existing engineering technologies and applies them in the testing and implementation of engineering projects. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Aeronautical Engineering Technologist
- Agricultural Engineering Technologist
- Biomedical Engineering Technologist
- Chemical Engineering Technologist
- Industrial Engineering Technologist
- Mining Engineering Technologist
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2339: Other Engineering Professionals
This unit group covers Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified. It includes Aeronautical Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Environmental Engineers and Naval Architects (Aus) / Marine Designers (NZ).
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills* PR Comments SA The South Australian Regional Workforce Designated Area Migration Agreement (Regional) WA The Goldfields Designated Area Migration Agreement
up to 55 years
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- Skills*: Skill requirements vary depending on whether the occupation is on a relevant skilled list as well as its skill level. Check the information available in the corresponding DAR website.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0