Last update: 15 February 2019 | see more
232414: Web Designer
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Conditions (Inapplicability):
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation only available if you meet the additional requirements listed here Occupation NOT eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
232414: Web Designer
- Plans, designs, develops and prepares information for Internet publication with particular emphasis on the user interface, ease of navigation and location of information using text, pictures, animation, sound, colours, layout and data sources to deliver information tailored to an intended audience and purpose.
- Skill Level
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 2324: Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators
- Design information for visual and audio communication, publication and display using print, film, electronic, digital and other forms of visual and audio media.
Indicative Skill Level
- Determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- Undertaking research and analysing functional communication requirements
- Formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- Preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- Negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- Selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
- Detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- Supervising or carrying out production in the chosen media
- May archive information for future client use
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0