Last update: 02 September 2020 | see more
231112: Air Traffic Controller
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements (critical skills, health / ICT and engineering occupations, etc.) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list; OR in the Federal Government list (MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL list), however the Nominated Migration Program is currently suspended and invitations will not be issued Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
231112: Air Traffic Controller
Ensures the safe and efficient movement of aircraft in controlled airspace and aerodromes by directing aircraft movements. Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Unit Group 2311: Air Transport Professionals
Fly and navigate aircraft, control and direct air traffic to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground, and instruct students in flying aircraft.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Aeroplane and Helicopter Pilots require a prescribed minimum amount of flying experience in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- Flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- Providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- Controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- Providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- Completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- Monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- Giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0