Last list update: 20 April 2018 | see more
225499: Technical Sales Representatives nec
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options - ANZSCO 225499
Visa Type Eligibility *Conditions Legislative Instrument MLTSSL list STSOL list ROL list Visa Subclass 189 IMMI 18/051 Visa S. 489 (NOT nominated by State/Territory) IMMI 18/051 Visa Subclass 485 IMMI 18/051 Visa Subclass 482 2,15 IMMI 18/048 Visa Subclass 186 IMMI 18/049 Visa Subclass 187 IMMI 18/043 Visa Subclass 407 IMMI 18/050 Visa Subclass 190 See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Visa S. 489 (State/Territory nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
2: The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
15: The position:
(a) is based in a front-line retail setting; or
(b) is based in a call centre and does not require a significant technical knowledge of products; or (c) predominantly involves selling educational courses to individual students.
State Eligibility Summary Table - ANZSCO 225499
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 Access List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation NOT eligible
State Eligibility Details - ANZSCO 225499
225499: Technical Sales Representatives nec
Description: This occupation group covers Technical Sales Representatives not elsewhere classified.
Skill Level: Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupation in NEC category
- Sales Representative (Educational Products and Services)
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 2254: Technical Sales Representatives
Description: Represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
Skill Level: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources
- Acquiring and updating knowledge of employers' and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- Visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- Assessing customers' needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
- Monitoring customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
- Quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- Arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- Reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
- Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
- Preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation Ceiling programme year 2017-2018
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0