Last update: 08 October 2019 | see more
225499: Technical Sales Representatives nec
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 2,15 LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
2: The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
15: The position:
(a) is based in a front-line retail setting; or
(b) is based in a call centre and does not require a significant technical knowledge of products; or (c) predominantly involves selling educational courses to individual students.
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
225499: Technical Sales Representatives nec
- This occupation group covers Technical Sales Representatives not elsewhere classified.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Occupation in NEC category
- Sales Representative (Educational Products and Services)
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 2254: Technical Sales Representatives
- Represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Indicative Skill Level
- Compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources
- Acquiring and updating knowledge of employers' and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- Visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- Assessing customers' needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
- Monitoring customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
- Quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- Arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- Reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
- Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
- Preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0