Last update: 08 October 2019 | see more
221211: Company Secretary
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
221211: Company Secretary
- Plans, administers and reviews corporate compliance activities and effective practice concerning company board meetings and shareholdings, ensuring all business matters and transactions are managed and implemented as directed by the board.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 2212: Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers
- Conduct audits of accounting systems, procedures and financial statements, manage corporate funding and financial risk, and administer and review corporate compliance activities.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Corporate Treasurers and Company Secretaries, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Arranging, giving notice of and attending meetings of directors and shareholders
- Advising organisations' governing boards on matters concerning compliance with stock exchange listing rules, relevant legislation and corporation practice
- Supervising organisations' share capital by preparing documents and share issues, and handling share transfers
- Controlling treasury and treasury systems and establishing and reviewing risk management objectives and treasury policies
- Identifying, managing and reporting on financial risks
- Assisting with equity management, debt management, securities and taxation planning issues
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting information on the financial standing, cost structures and trading effectiveness of organisations
- Devising, re-organising and establishing budgetary cost control and other accounting systems such as computer-based systems
- Conducting audits and investigations and preparing financial statements and reports for management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- Evaluating the cost effectiveness and risks of operational processes, activities, policies and systems
- Reporting to management on the existence and effectiveness of the system of internal controls
- Establishing audit objectives, and designing and implementing audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0