Last update: 12 November 2019 | see more
134412: Regional Education Manager
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 10 LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
10: The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
134412: Regional Education Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates educational approaches and policy, and curriculum resources and development for preschool, primary, middle or intermediate school, secondary, TAFE or polytechnic teachers and administrators.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- School Administrator
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1344: Other Education Managers
Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate educational policy, and provide advice and educational and administrative support to staff and students in educational institutions.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Coordinating the educational, administrative and financial affairs of an educational institution or department within the institution
- Researching, developing, implementing, reviewing and evaluating educational and administrative policy
- Liaising between educational institutions, parents and the wider community
- Providing advice on policy and procedures to staff and students
- Consulting with academic and administrative staff to coordinate educational programs
- Identifying and addressing present and future needs for student and staff development
- Researching educational systems and monitoring and evaluating new developments
- Researching and reporting on students' needs arising from curriculum implementation
- Developing and delivering training programs for teachers
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0