Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
AQF specifies the standards for educational qualifications in Australia.
The AQF structure is based on 10 different levels. AQF levels and the AQF levels criteria are an indication of the relative complexity and/or depth of achievement and the autonomy required to demonstrate that achievement. AQF level 1 has the lowest complexity and AQF level 10 has the highest complexity.
- Level 1 – Certificate I
- Level 2 – Certificate II
- Level 3 – Certificate III
- Level 4 – Certificate IV
- Level 5 – Diploma
- Level 6 – Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree
- Level 7 – Bachelor Degree
- Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Level 9 – Masters Degree
- Level 10 – Doctoral Degree